Thursday 19 February 2015

Automating Camera Raw

Once you understand the power of Camera Raw, then you're going to want to speed up your workflow by learning how to process multiple files at one time. Let's go ahead and make a change to this first image here. I'll open it in Camera Raw using Cmd+R or Ctrl+R and we'll add a simple vignette. I'll move over to the Effects panel. I will actually add a white edge here, and I'm going to make it very obvious by not adding a feather to it. We'll go ahead and make it more rectangular and then we'll bring in the midpoint. I just want to make sure that this is a super obvious change.
Then I'll click Done and we can see that change in Bridge. Now if I want to apply that change to another image, the easiest way to do this would be to use the Edit menu, and then choose Develop Settings and copy Camera RAWm settings or use Cmd+Option+C or Ctrl+Alt+C on Windows. Now those settings are copied to the clipboard, I can select the next image. Use Edit, Develop Settings, an then paste those Camera Raw settings, which is Cmd+Option+V or Ctrl+Alt+V. Camera Raw is going to ask me which setting I want to paste. In this case I could paste everything, but I'm going to choose to just paste my post crop vignetting.
When I click OK we can see that the vignette from the first image has now been copied and pasted to the second. I also want to show you that you can access these menu items by simply right mouse clicking on the image, and then choosing Develop Settings and copying and pasting your settings here. And if we want to remove any setting from images, we can select multiple images, right mouse click, and then choose Develop Settings, and then clear those settings. You'll notice that as soon as I select Clear Settings, the vignette goes away as does the icon that represents the Camera RAW settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write Here About This Content